fredag 29 oktober 2010

My work day as a screenplay writer.


Since I have a full time job, two kids and a house to renovate I don't have 8 hours a day to spend writing scripts. But I do have 30 minutes on the commute to work and as a magical bonus I get ANOTHER 30 minutes on the way back home. Lucky me.

During the time on the train I go over the book page by page and transcribe to screenplay format into my notebook. When I come across something in the book that I need to address earlier in the script I take a little note of it and continue on.

Since I'm trying to get the book into actual script format I don't just copy every line I read but try to make everthing happen in realtime and make it visual and aural so it can be represented by a movie.

When I get time for myself in the evening I take my notebook and my laptop and write it all down. I also insert all the notes I took earlier in their correct places so they make sense when viewing the movie and you don't get explanations about things like you do in a book.

Well, this is basically what I do every day right now. Well, I also read about writing scripts and read scripts to movies I like. You probaby heard of Imdb.com(Internet Movie DataBase) but did you know that there is an imsdb.com (Internet Movie SCRIPT DataBase) as well?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar